Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

MISS AFRICA MINNESOTA PAGEANT 2011


Hi ladies and gentleman,
My name is Janeth Kamenge, I am 18 years old and currently a junior attending the College of Saint Benedict/St. John’s University. I am majoring in nursing and minoring in psychology, and I hope to graduate in 2013.  I was born and raised in my beautiful country Tanzania (TZ), Africa. I am the second of two children. I came to the United States in 2006 to further my education and I hope to go back to Africa to serve my country as a nurse. My favorite hobbies are hanging out with my wonderful family and fantastic friends, reading inspirational stories and listening to rap music.

Recently I have been asked to become one of the contestants of the Miss Africa Minnesota Pageant and with no delay I accepted the prestigious position. I have always been interested in participating in modeling and pageantry, and I believe that the Miss Africa MN Pageant is a great start for me. Though I have little experience with pageantry, I am willing to learn and have fun during this process. I believe that I am blessed and would be a great representative of Africa. I am very proud of my heritage and never hesitate to represent the motherland, especially in America where people have little or no information about our unique continent.

As Miss Africa Minnesota, my goal is teach young African girls to embrace their true beauty through self-acceptance. I believe that people need to affirm, respect and love themselves inside and outside for others to accept who they are. This realization will give young African women the confidence to show their beauty without being concerned about social expectations or pressures. African beauty is not about the expensive clothes,  golden jewelry or the perfect manicure.  It’s about the natural smile women have within their souls, the love and respect they have for others and sacrifices they are willing to do for their family.

I want to be crowned Miss Africa Minnesota, not because of the title or the fame that comes with it, but because I believe that I am a role model for other young African women.  I am not afraid to take on challenges to achieve my goals.  I am talented dancer, proud of my African heritage and a person who takes the time to listen to others and share my knowledge with them.

I wouldn’t be able to achieve my goal without your support and love, and I would highly appreciate if you would take the time to visit www.missafricaminnesota.com and vote for me for the People’s Choice Award.  On the right-hand side of the home page, below the playlist, you will see the voting poll. Please scroll through the list of the name and look for Tanzania-Janeth Kamenge and vote for me.  You are allowed to vote numerous times on  different computers.  Your vote is highly appreciated. The Miss Africa Minnesota Pageant will be held on Saturday, November 19th, 2011 at Spring Lake Park High School Theater-1100 81st Ave NE,Spring Lake Park,MN 55432 at 6pm.  Admission is $20.  Please come and see me in action,  You will be surprised. Feel free to share this information with your family members and friends. I am here to make you proud.
Yours ,Miss Tanzania-Janeth Kamenge
CLICK TO VOTE

Post a Comment

0 Comments